Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Somedays Aren't Yours At All. They Come and Go As If They're Someone Else's Days.


i Basic cardi, My Beloved Tank, Hollister shorts (converted from jeans)

First day at the new job! It was pretty awesome but an information overload for sure. I have to admit I was a little intimidated at the end because I've never worked in an optometrist office before and this like taking a crash course in a foreign language class. The doctor pulled me aside at the end of the day and reminded me why they hired me and helped me regain a little confidence. He told me they all knew I didn't have experience in the field but it was my personality that would help me be successful. He told me "no one comes in and asks how smart I am, but they come back because how much I care". Expect a lot of me telling you a lot about this place.

Listening to: Regina Spektor

16 comments:

  1. Lovely shorts!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job. I'm really loving this outfit. Its effortless, but stylish.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny jenny!! I thought u got a job at guess??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE REGINA SPEKOT! haha, I totally flipped when i saw that you were listening to her. I love your outfit as well! The jacket is really cute. Anyway, your first day anywhere can be hard. Everyone else seems to know exactly what they're doing, and you seem to be the only one unsure of what is happening. However, at times, everyone feels this way, even if they have been working at that place for a long time. The doctor sounds really really nice, and i'm sure he is right. You are going to do great!

    xoxo

    DressingDaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you where offered a position at BEBE, Are you working two jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice boss! You are going to do great and don't worry, after a week you'll be a pro! The outfit is adorable and I love your pose....as usual ;)

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrat for the job.love your top

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job, I know the feeling you are talking about. It will pass :), trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photographs!

    Well done on the new job!

    xoxo

    http://www.ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice song, I like Regina Spektor!

    Thank you for following my blog, I followed yours)

    http://ohsoalexandrish.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this outfit, beautifull casual fun

    glamfashionistafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wait you work at an eye doctor now? I thought you got the job at Bebe. Maybe I'm thinking of another blogger? Anyway, cute outfit! you live in Hawaii?!! lucky! :)

    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have total confidence you're gonna rock at this job. First days (and even the first month) at new jobs are always difficult. On the other hand, your outfit post is effortless & so gorgeous. Love the cardi and again your photos are great.
    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your blog and your style!! I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too ( I hope you like it)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete